Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day To You !!

Most of you who know me, know that I adore cats, and what better way to celebrate Valentine's Day, then to wish you a awesome day from my cats and myself. What is on your agenda today? DO you normally do anything special on Valentine's Day with your loved one, and or your family? I do alot of baking, and hand out treats to all of my family and friends. I have been doing this for years, and everyone loves it. I make cupcakes, cakes, candy, you name it, I make it.
I had to take a trip to the grocery store today for some eggs, and a few other things, and the card section at Stop & Shop was full. There must have been at least 25 people digging for the perfect card. I could never handle all that jumping in front of someone for a card for my loved one. I buy my cards way ahead of time, but I have always wondered why on earth would people wait until the day  before to shop? I know, some people have hectic schedules and all, but common. There isn't a good selection of cards the day before Valentine's Day. One place I always find nice cards for cheap is at the Dollar Store. You can get 2 for a $1.00, and they are decent cards too.I put alot of time into my cards, as I look for the perfect verse on it.

Do your kids still have a Valentine's Day party at school? I know back when I went to grade school, we always had paper bags up in the front of the classroom taped to the chalk board, and on Valentine's Day when you entered the room, you dropped the card in the bag for whoever you brought a Valentine's Card for.I remember my second grade teacher,as she would always let us celebrate with our classmates with yummy snacks. Boy , were those days the best. I'm not even sure if they do that anymore in school, as my kid is grown up now. The last I knew, they stopped all the celebrating in school because of religions. Ba Hum Bug to that. Let the kids have fun, and enjoy their  younger years. Make memories that will last a life time!!


Wishing everyone a very Happy Valentine's Day today!! Whatever you do, I hope you have fun, whether your going out for a nice dinner, or you might be cooking a nice dinner at home. I hope you have alot of fun. Valentine's Day is a special day for loved ones, and it's always special to see how men feel about their women, and vice versa. Are you a chocolate girl, a jewelry girl, or a lingerie gal? Who doesn't like a nice old box of Russel Stovers candy?? Gifts on Valentine's don't really mean that much to me. Having my kid make me a card, and color it nicely would always put a huge smile on my face. It was priceless, and it didn't cost me a penny.

Whatever you do this Valentine's Day, try to keep Whitney Houston & her family in your prayers. Her daughter has had two trips to the hospital for stress. My heart is broken over her passing.. I wish it was a dream, and that I could snap out of it, but that is not the case. I know that Whitney is resting in peace, and smiling down on all of us. Rest easy girl!!



HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY !!!!

0 comments:

Enter a long URL to make tiny:

Unique Visitors

Stat Counter

Free Counters
Free Counters

Site Meter

free web site traffic and promotion
Share

Stats

Total Pageviews

Google Ads